ECBO 2019 - European Conferences on Biomedical Optics
The European Conferences on Biomedical Optics (ECBO) is the premier European event bringing together scientists, engineers, and clinicians who work with optics and photonics to solve problems in biomedicine. The conference was a great opportunity to take a look at new trends in Biomedical Optics and related topics. The days were filled with very interesting lectures, poster sessions as well as an exhibition dedicated to industry companies and their new products. Additionally, this conference offers an unique capability to learn about new developments in the field of biomedical imaging. Especially on the following topics: diffuse correlation spectroscopy, functional FF-SS-OCT, wave front shaping, digital adaptive optics, and speckle dynamics for blood flow quantification.
This conference was a great opportunity to promote the research, performed by the Physical Optics and Biophotonics at the Departure of Physical Chemistry of Biological Systems, led by Professor Wojtkowski. During the conference the following topics were presented:
- “Optical coherence imaging : New methods and computational developments” by Maciej Wojtkowski,
- “Glioblastoma (GBM) tumor of mouse brain microvasculature studies using OCT and enhancement of cerebrovascular with contrast agents using 800nm and 1300nm OCT system” by Mounika Rapolu’
- "Solid state vs picosecond lasers applied to two-photon vision tests" by Marcin Marzejon,
- “Spatiotemporal optical coherence tomography suppresses coherent cross-talk noise and low-order geometrical aberrations in full-field swept-source optical coherence tomography” by Dawid Borycki,
- “Label-free optical readout of bacteria density in nanoliter droplets” by Jakub Bogusławski,
- “Towards improving imaging depth and speed in full-field optical coherence tomography” by Egidijus Auksorius
Additionally Professor M. Wojtkowski was a member of the Executive Organizing Committee and conference chairman of two sessions: Optical Coherence Imaging Techniques & Imaging in Scattering Media and Brain Imaging.
June 23-27, 2019
SPIE The international society for optics and photonics
More information about the event.