WP3 - Unlocking IPC research excellence
T.3.1 Review of IPC research programme & selection of synergetic teams
Its aim is to:
- detect methods of physical chemistry (developed in IPC), which may serve as analytical tool for researching biological systems,
- look over studies of IPC research groups, which may benefit from biology-inspiration („synergetic teams”).
Actions of the ERA Chair holder will be supported by the Project Coordinator, leaders of research groups (Pl) and administration staff. Pls will be motivated to establish common research plan together with ERA Chair holder thanks to changes in evaluation policy (joint projects will be favoured). On the basis of the gathered information, ERA Chair holder will also prepare frame research programme for his/her new group taking into account capabilities of synergetic research groups.
Conclusions from the review will be used for preparation of trainings plan for Institute’s staff, changes in PhD Programme to ‘produce’ scientist in the new field and networking activities, but also – necessary investments for the start of the new lab together, its frame research plan and staff specification.
T.3.2 Mentoring & tutoring
Among the aims of the Review, executed with participation of the ERA Chair holder, is to detect knowledge deficiencies of research staff from synergetic groups. Mentoring & tutoring programme will supplement synergetic teams’ knowledge and support them in joining interdisciplinary research projects, consistent with newly established research programme. ERA Chair holder will advise us on the choice of:
- Conferences and seminars - “Physical Chemistry of Biological Systems”,
- Cyclical lectures - linking biology/medicine, physics and chemistry.
- Quarterly meetings of team leaders with ERA Chair holder and Grant and Commercialization Team (G&CT)
T.3.3 Upgrade of PhD Programme
- Taking benefit from ERA Chair holder’s experience, ERA Chair holder will analyse current PhD Programme and advise us on possible changes to better fit ERA and modern science. It would have further long term effect on IPC performance. Changes in PhD Programme will also be consulted with our business partners and cooperating units (ERA Chair Advisory board meeting).
- Lectures for PhD students: ERA Chair holder will be invited to deliver lectures for PhD students, and/or recommend supplementing lectures to be delivered by other scientists with the expertise in the field.
The delivered lectures will focus on interdisciplinary issues - on the border of chemistry/physics and medicine/biology. To implement further changes in PhD programme IPC plans to apply for additional funding within Marie Curie initiative.
All above measures are aimed at starting new interdisciplinary projects within the Institute.